Rockin’ Robin* (Revisited)
(audio version of blog below)
As a follow up to my post on “Why Tweet?”, I’ve accumulated my own list of “What to Tweet” for beginners or inspiration! (…and for my mom…hi mom!) Here are some ideas to help find your twitter groove…and a little extra for business owners and voice talent:
EVERYONE CAN TWEET:
- Interesting and pertinent life info or events that you personally find amusing
- Your favourite restaurants, businesses, and local info to help promote
- Quotes – motivational, inspirational
- Other people’s tweets that you find worthy of sharing
BUSINESS OWNERS CAN TWEET:
- Your blog and your “classic” posts (your own most popular blogs)
- Clever marketing messages
- Tips & tricks from your industry and informative, educational industry posts
- Any links to business material on your site(s) or to other sites that mention you
- Friends/associates articles and businesses
- Questions – open ended to engage people
- A call to action such as requests for follows/signups
VOICE TALENT CAN TWEET:
- New demos (or older ones) directly from Soundcloud, Youtube demo sites
- Your Voices.com and voice123.com pages, etc.
A few more pointers:
Be clever with the few words you use or no one will read it. Just takes practice.
Use 1 or 2 hashtags – this means, add a # sign and a word that describes your tweet, so others can find your tweet if that topic interests them.
Be extremely discerning when following strangers that have followed you. It seems that LOTS of people are now following you to send you something they are selling. You may find you are bombarded with personal messages, only to be asked to read this, open that, tweet their message, buy their product.
Here is more information, if you’re a keener, or need to waste more time today:
This article takes it to the next level, but VERY helpful:
As for why bother…back to “Why Tweet?”, but suffice it to say that for fun or for business Twitter isn’t going anywhere, but only deeper into our social norms. Take your time. Tweet yourself.
CLICK TO HEAR SONG>>*”Rockin’ Robin” by Leon Rene, a 1972 hit by Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5
CLICK TO HEAR AUDIO VERSION OF BLOG>>