To work within the structure of a plan allows me the freedom to live in the moment.
I’m a planner. I have been fascinated by, and perhaps obsessed with, time management forever. On that note, I have planned out my blogs for the year already! Gasp! What?!? Yes.
But, knowing me, I will absolutely stray from my list. It’s why I’ve rarely picked out my clothes the night before or made a strict meal plan…I like to choose what I’ll wear, eat, or otherwise, when I arrive to that moment. Hypocritical, perhaps…but, to work within the structure of a plan allows me the freedom to live in the moment.
So, as a preface to the year, I’m providing a list of what is (possibly) to come…a path to guide me as I take another thousand steps.
Most of my readers are politely quiet about my blogs, reading but not commenting. However, I would love to hear what does, and especially what does not, resonate with you to substantiate my direction. Further, if you’d like to contribute to my blog this year, I’m open to submissions, especially on the subjects below!
Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort.
Paul J. Meyer
- Blog Plan for the year
- Finding balance
- Voiceover ideas for small business owners
- What is a VO Pro
- Ideas for realtors – how can we work together?
- Creating the life you want
- Headshots/Profile photos, Image, & Brand
- Headshots & Impressions
- How to present a script
- Finding your voice
- What goes into recording a script?
- How to edit a voice over script (cut down on words/shorten a script)
- How to prepare to record your voice
- Phone skills – using the voice
- The variety in my business, in my day, in my clients
- My relationships with clients & advertisers – respectful boundaries
- Revisions – standard operating procedures
- The physical aspects of working with your voice
- Sell Style – soft, medium, hard sells
- Making a great impression
- Getting started in the voiceover business
- What will you receive from hiring a voice talent?
- What are my brand’s values? What is its voice?
- What other services do voice talent provide?
- Words – challenging ones, interesting ones
- Energy Level, Pace, & Timing
- How to save time when working with talent
- Tone & Musicality (Prosody)
- Stay healthy, Sound healthy
- Voice Quality
- Body Language in Voiceovers
- Seem happy by email
- How to be more efficient
- Customer Service
- Doing the Math – figuring out what makes sense, where to focus
- Goal setting – Planning
- Our Body & the voice
- Asked to do a speech? This is what you need to know
- What makes a great voiceover or a great voiceover talent
- Food & the voice
- Being Direct
- Voicemail – how to leave a message, recording, what to say
- How to hire, how to pay
- VO Book Reviews
- Keeping in touch
- Emotions & the voice
- Changing gears – focus & multi-tasking
- Alcohol & the Voice
- ROUND-UPs of popular blogs
- Examples of work – interesting, unique
To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.