(audio version of blog below)
If forty four years of life have taught me anything, it’s that remaining calm is one of the most helpful things we can do for ourselves and others. Aside from the fact that it helps me daily in my business, there ain’t no one that can’t be helped with a cooler vibe, if you know what I mean.
Maintaining calm is beneficial to our overall health. A calm mind and body allows our body to function optimally and heal continuously.
In my Ten Top Tips for Talking, “staying calm” is right up there with staying hydrated and avoiding illness. If you are using your voice in your job or career, in sales, training, presenting or otherwise, I hope you find these tips helpful. If you are a human, you may also find them useful.
- Take a walk – 20 minutes to change your mood or maybe you need longer?
- Find downtime – it’s not going to find you, so figure it out.
- Laugh – you know you’ll feel great!
- Reduce caffeine – to each their own…
- Change your mind – seriously…just change it.
- Avoid stressful situations – choose not to be in the middle of $#!+.
- Be inspired – Read, watch, or listen to whatever works for you.
- Practice “Pranayama” aka breath techniques – Basic: breathe in for 4, hold for 4, out for 8.
- Meditate – Guided or otherwise – clear your mind.
- Yoga, Yoga, Yoga – Help. Your. Self.
Bonus Tip: Never tell anyone to “chill out”. It seems to have the opposite effect.
CLICK TO HEAR AUDIO VERSION OF BLOG>>